Create leads from emails
You gave your business card to someone and they sent you an e-mail asking for more information about your company and what you sell, you got a new business opportunity and you need to have it in your lead management software to feed your sales process.
Inside noCRM you can easily transform an e-mail you received into a lead by simply forwarding the e-mail to your unique e-mail address, which you can find in Tools > By e-mail.
Important things to know:
- The subject of the email will be the title of the lead.
- If the email is sent by a user (with the same e-mail address as the one that is registered in noCRM.io), the lead(s) will belong to them. Otherwise, it will create an unassigned lead.
- If you add attachments to your email they will be automatically attached to the new lead.
- If you add a line #tags: NYC, Seminar, 10 people at the top of the e-mail, it will create the lead with those tags.
- If you add a line #step: closing the lead will automatically be created in the closing step (if you have defined a step 'closing').
- If you add a line #user: firstname.lastname@example.org the lead will automatically be assigned to the user having this email address (if there is one).
- If you add a line #amount: 1000 the amount of the lead will be set to 1000 (the amount can only contain numbers, no decimal or separator).
- If you add a line #probability: 50 the probability of the lead will be set to 50% (the probability can only contain numbers, no decimal or separator).
⚠️ Do not use the @bcc email address as it is thought to attach emails sent to leads inside noCRM. If you forward an email to the @bcc address, it will fall into the pending Bcc emails and you'll need to create a lead.
When you create a lead from an email by forwarding it, make sure to remove the < > around the email address or the email won't be included in the lead.
⚠️ To create leads in your noCRM account from an email address that is not associated with any user of your noCRM account, you have 2 options:
- Deactivate the anti-spam in the Unassigned leads page you will find under the 'Prospects' section.
- Activate the anti-spam and click on the '+ New authorized email' button.
Once you have done this, you can start creating new leads from that/those email(s) address(es). They will always be sent to the 'Unassigned leads' page of the 'Prospects' tab.
Watch this quick video:
noCRM offers many other ways to create leads. If you want to directly capture leads from the internet, or from LinkedIn for example, you can also follow our guide here.