Create leads from emails
This article answers the following questions:
Turn an email into a lead inside your noCRM account
You gave your business card to someone and they sent you an e-mail asking for more information about your company and what you sell, you got a new business opportunity and you need to have it in your lead management software to feed your sales process.
Inside noCRM you can easily transform an e-mail you received into a lead by simply forwarding the e-mail to your unique e-mail address, which you can find in ... > Tools > E-mails.
How to customize the lead before receiving it in noCRM (also valid for leads created from a contact form)
Before sending the email to your noCRM account and create a new lead, make sure to enter all the information you need regarding the sales, the future lead owner, etc. Find below all the parameters you can use inside the email subject and body to customize your future lead before even creating it:
- When you create a lead from an email by forwarding it, make sure to remove the < > around the email address or the email won't be included in the lead.
- The subject of the email will be the title of the lead.
- The lead fields won’t be filled in automatically unless you structure the info in the email’s body before sending it. You can find useful tips related to fields here.
- If the email is sent by a user (with the same e-mail address as the one that is registered in noCRM), the lead(s) will belong to them. Otherwise, it will create an unassigned lead.
- If you add attachments to your email they will be automatically attached to the new lead.
- If you add #tags: NYC, Seminar, Product A at the top of the e-mail, it will create the lead with those tags.
- If you add a row #step: Closing the lead will automatically be created in the Closing step (if you have defined a step Closing).
- If you add a row #user: email@example.com the lead will automatically be assigned to the user having this email address (if there is one).
- If you add a row #amount: 1000 the amount of the lead will be set to 1000 (the amount can only contain numbers, no decimal or separator).
- If you add a row #probability: 50 the probability of the lead will be set to 50% (the probability can only contain numbers, no decimal or separator).
Troubleshooting: Why is the lead creation from emails not working?
- ⚠️ Do not use the @bcc email address as it is thought to attach emails sent to leads inside noCRM. If you forward an email to the @bcc address, it will fall into the pending Bcc emails and you'll need to create a lead.
- ⚠️ To create leads in your noCRM account from an email address that is not associated with any user of your noCRM account, you have 2 options:
- Deactivate the anti-spam in the Unassigned leads section you will find under the Cold prospects section.
- Activate the anti-spam and click on the + New authorized email button.
Once you have done this, you can start creating new leads from that/those email(s) address(es). They will always be sent to the Unassigned leads.
Other ways to create leads automatically in noCRM
noCRM offers many other ways to create leads. If you want to directly capture leads from the Internet, or from LinkedIn for example, you can also follow our guide here.